PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Malaysia!

Nicholas Kang
10-18-17, 03:45 AM
Hello!

It is Nicholas here. :) I am coming over here after reading about Tex's post about his new website in Orbiter Forum.

I am currently a student in a private college here in the capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. I am also the founder and president of the Sunway Astronautics Club (https://sites.google.com/view/sunwayastronauticsclub).

We promote spaceflight and astronomy among locals in Malaysia. Texfilms is a good start for me in searching for promotional videos!

I will surely give Tex support for this forum. Nice job, Tex! Just let me know if you need help!

Tex
10-18-17, 01:29 PM
Hi there Nicholas! Thanks for joining. I love your idea for a club that gets more people interested in spaceflight and astronomy! I have an ongoing debate with my wife about how cool space is. She wasn't raised to appreciate it and considers it too "abstract". It blows my mind. The things we've discovered from black holes and the physics involved, to concepts so mind blowing it's beyond intriguing. Anyway, I say the more people interested in this stuff, the better odds we'll have of colonizing the galaxy. Elon Musk likes this idea too. :)

Nicholas Kang
10-18-17, 01:43 PM
Seconded. The idea of space, spaceflight, astronomy and astronautics hardly hit home in many developing countries here in Asia, including Malaysia. I have a hard time getting new members for my club currently. The number of members peaked at 22 and then stopped rising.

I am planning to have several public outreach activities next year, including inviting academicians in the astronautics field to give talks in my college on behalf of my club.

Last but not least, I am counting on your nice videos for my club's promotion. :)

Keep it up!

Tex
10-18-17, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I can understand. My wife is from Vietnam, and she said they don't even discuss much of anything about space. I guess it just wasn't part of her culture to get excited about spaceflight. At any rate, I think you're doing a wonderful thing. I hope my videos will help your cause. Best of luck with that, and thanks for sharing the space love!

Nicholas Kang
10-21-17, 01:19 AM
You are welcome, Tex! All the best for you with your videos as well. :)