TexFilms Forum  

Welcome to TexFilms Productions!

Sign up today! TexFilms has been producing videos on YouTube since 2007! The channel includes a variety of subjects, but primarily focuses on gaming and cinematic short films, as well as science and discovery style videos. The newest addition includes astronomy and spaceflight related documentary films. Check out the various categories of videos available from the navigation links on top of the site. You are currently viewing the site as a guest. Sign up to participate in the community and unlock all of the site features. Registration is totally FREE!

As a member, you will unlock site features and gain access to exclusive content:

• Access to downloads (scenarios & other content).
  • Behind the scenes footage & extras.
  • Any content that never makes it to release phase.
  • Engage with Tex & others who share similar interests.

Registration is totally free and only takes a moment, so register your account today! Thank you for visiting TexFilms!

Go Back   TexFilms Forum » Articles » News » Website News

Article Tools Display Modes

Old
Flight Director
Thumbs up New Website Launch
by Tex 10-17-17, 05:06 PM

Greetings!

I'm excited to announce the launch of my new website. I spent a lot of time creating this so that you guys will have a great way to engage with me and others who enjoy my films and any of the topics they encompass. I'll be posting all sorts of fun stuff in the coming weeks.

I really hope you'll consider registering an account and join in the conversation. It's totally free, and I'm planning to offer perks for registered members. Details coming soon, but feel free to register anytime! I've also created a Patreon page. Everything is explained in detail on my Patreon page, but essentially it's a crowd funding site that allows people to support their favorite creators. You can pledge as little as $1 per video. I know everyone isn't able to donate, and that's OK! Don't worry, my videos will continue as usual. But if you'd like to help support the channel, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all for being such great fans! I hope to see you online.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weblaunch.jpg (74.6 KB, 767 views)
Views 1638 Comments 3
Total Comments 3

Comments

Old 10-18-17, 12:29 AM
Reno Miles

Heck yeah Tex! The site looks damn good. I'm strapped in, lets light this candle!
Old 10-18-17, 01:24 PM
Flight Director

Hey Reno, thanks for dropping by! Really great to see you.
Old 10-18-17, 01:40 PM
Flight Director

One thing I should note about the website. Xyon is helping me sort out an issue with image resizing and attachment thumbnails. So, if you try and upload say, an avatar, and the dimensions exceed the allowed 140x140, then the forum will tell you it can't resize it for you. Also, images uploaded to a post won't create thumbnails. Hopefully we'll get that fixed as I know image resizing is a pain. It's nice when the forum does it for you.

There might be a few other bugs and quirks that need to be sorted. I noticed some colors that were hard to see on a menu when using my iPad, so I'll be working those out as I run into them.

One major feature I am working on is some custom navigation buttons on the top of the site, similar to Orbiter-Forum, which should make navigating the site easier.

Article Tools