TexFilms Forum  

Welcome to TexFilms Productions!

Sign up today! TexFilms has been producing videos on YouTube since 2007! The channel includes a variety of subjects, but primarily focuses on gaming and cinematic short films, as well as science and discovery style videos. The newest addition includes astronomy and spaceflight related documentary films. Check out the various categories of videos available from the navigation links on top of the site. You are currently viewing the site as a guest. Sign up to participate in the community and unlock all of the site features. Registration is totally FREE!

As a member, you will unlock site features and gain access to exclusive content:

• Access to downloads (scenarios & other content).
  • Behind the scenes footage & extras.
  • Any content that never makes it to release phase.
  • Engage with Tex & others who share similar interests.

Registration is totally free and only takes a moment, so register your account today! Thank you for visiting TexFilms!

Go Back   TexFilms Forum » Fan Forums » Introductions

Old 11-02-17, 05:03 PM
Reno Miles

Lightbulb Greetings from Manhattan, NY.

I am a Lower East Side New York native now living in the Upper West Side. I have been fascinated with space since elementary school and always wanted to be an astronaut. Other interest included massive structures and complicated machinery.

I fell in love with sailing small J24's at age 14 from lower Manhattan. This quickly became a spring-summer-fall volunteering passion of mine. I found myself working on different charter sailboats in the city until I graduated High School in 2006.

From there I enrolled at SUNY Maritime College. In 2010 I graduated with a BS in Marine Transportation and a USCG Unlimited Tonnage license.

Today I am a proud union member of Masters Mates and Pilots, through which I sail as Second Officer on 299 meter long Maersk Line Ltd. vessels. As a Navigator I plan the voyage, conduct cargo operations, perform mooring and anchoring duties, as well as other tasks.

I have found a passion in my dream career, and urge others to persevere until they achieve theirs.
Old 11-02-17, 11:56 PM
Flight Director

Great intro Reno! Thanks for sharing. Your job sounds great, and it sounds like you worked hard to achieve it. Good on you! We rely on the maritime industry more than people realize. Without you guys, the economy would grind to a halt. As a side note, I work on several J-boats in my career. They like me to scrub the bottom down before regattas. Usually J-109s, but I've been under many different classes.
Old 11-04-17, 01:17 PM
Reno Miles

Thanks for the appreciation Tex. Moving the world's cargo is both an exciting and terribly boring career. There are a lot of closely held misconceptions about ships in the public eye. The best way to move the cargo is to not thing about it. The moment you realize you're moving 6,000 trucks with over a billion dollars in value, you tend to over think things.

It's also fantastic to know you have a little sailing history yourself. J-109's are a fantastic platform and a very popular model here in the Northeast. I have empathy for scraping those hulls too. Applying wax and touching up the little scrapes and dings in the hulls were just part of the job of taking care of the fleet.
Old 02-19-19, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno_Miles View Post
Thanks for the appreciation Tex. Moving the world's cargo is both an exciting and terribly boring career. There are a lot of closely held misconceptions about ships in the public eye. The best way to move the cargo is to not thing about it. The moment you realize you're moving 6,000 trucks with over a billion dollars in value, you tend to over think things.

It's also fantastic to know you have a little sailing history yourself. J-109's are a fantastic platform and a very popular model here in the Northeast. I have empathy for scraping those hulls too. Applying wax and touching up the little scrapes and dings in the hulls were just part of the job of taking care of the Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox fleet
yes it's true The J-109 is a fantastic platform and a very popular model not only in the North East but everywhere

Last edited by klimbo; 02-20-19 at 06:43 AM.
Old 03-15-19, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimbo View Post
yes it's true The J-109 is a fantastic platform and a very popular model not only in the North East but everywhere
True man, it is even very much popular in India. I am also a big time fan of J-109 9Apps VidMate Cartoon HD

Last edited by seoking; 03-17-19 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-03-19, 07:02 AM

This is also a part of India. strawberry plants for sale
Old 08-16-19, 01:05 PM

I believe it would be your own personal choice between the J-109 and Bf-109K. https://get-shareit.com https://get-vidmateapk.com

Last edited by barryallen1337; 09-15-19 at 07:28 PM.